Monday, August 02, 2004

My wooden floor is still finished!!!

With most of my furniture in storage, I’ve had ample opportunity to appreciate the maximum surface area.

It’s wooden, and soft, and warm, and slidey.

I look at it this way and that, examining different bits of grain. I walk around in my bare feet, sit on it and lie on it.

When the LTLP is not looking, I give it a quick smell. (I didn’t want her to see me looking foolish or like a wood addict). It smells of wood and wood oil, which is not entirely expected.

By about Saturday evening I realise...

I’m bored with it now. It has ceased to be a thing of entertainment.

It doesn’t really DO anything – just sits there on the ground, being woody.

This is annoying, as I spent about a grillion pounds on it. I could have got a Ferrari for that, or paid for a Slovenian hooker to get plastic surgery and elocution lessons so that she was just like Kirstie Allsopp.

What it does mean is that I can set up all my stuff again.

It’s been a pain in the arse living out of cardboard boxes.